Our laboratory is affiliated to the School of Life Sciences of Tsinghua University, and is also the part of the Center for Life Sciences of Tsinghua and Peking University, Beijing Advanced Innovation Center for Structural Biology, Bioinformatics Division and Center for Synthetic and Systems Biology.
1. Analyze the structure of biological macromolecules, in particular, detect RNA secondary structure using high-throughput deep sequencing and use machine learning methods to predict and model RNA secondary structure; explain the structural and functional relationship on this basis, especially machine learning methods that effectively predict or discover protein functional sites, RNA functional motifs, etc.;
2. Develop methods based on high-throughput experiments and structural modeling to reconstruct biological macromolecules such as protein-protein, RNA-RNA, and protein-RNA interaction networks;
3. In particular, Combining sequence and structural analysis to study its phylogenetic and functional classification for long non-coding RNA (lncRNA);
4. Combining the structural and molecular interaction networks of RNA and proteins to study the molecular mechanisms and possible therapeutic approaches of RNA virus invading cells and causing infectious diseases;
5. Discover the mechanisms by which genomic mutations cause protein and RNA folding errors and interaction network disorders, as well as the diagnosis, prognosis, and possible treatments for complex diseases, including cancer, in combination with structural and network development.